Thursday 23 February 2012

It's up to blue with Gemstones.

During December I was fortunate to go to Indian to attend my cousins wedding. The weather was amazing and I really wish that I could have brought the sun with me to melt away the winter frost. Oh well.....
My wedding outfit gave me the perfect opportunity to dig out my most brightest blue and the one I found was Orly's it's up to blue.


It's up to blue is my first Orly polish and I must say that I'm impressed. Orly Polishes are priced between £5 -£6 pounds for 5.3ml. The bottles are small but I think I prefer that as I have never finished a bottle of polish in my life! The pigmentation was amazing the colour was bright and perfectly matched my sari. 


As you can see, my sari was blue and copper.


Here I used my flash so you can see how bright the blue looked. It's up to blue is quite a shimmery polish with finely milled shimmer that gives it that ultra glossy shine, perfect to brighten up a gloomy day or for a special occasion. Being the last minute girl that I am I completely forgot to top coat my nails so I ended up doing this later that same evening. The top coat I'm loving at the moment is the Gemstone top coat by Collection 2000.



Gemstone top coat is a very shimmery polish with fine holographic glitter that would be great paired over most nail polishes. The reason why I love this top coat is because it's long lasting, inexpensive and always attracts the attention of others. 


 As you can see, the shimmer has been amped up! My polish lasted a whole 4 days without chipping and for ever busy me, that's quite an achievement. 

I will definitely be investing in more Orly polishes as they apply well, are long lasting and there are a wide range of colours to choose from. 

Oh.... and for those of you interested in my mehndi, here is a picture. I did not choose the design but I still love it all the same.


Thanks for reading!

                             Jemflutterby! XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment