Sunday 25 September 2011

L' Oreal Volume million lashes luminizer Hazel eyes review

Don’t get me wrong, I love black mascara and like most girls the magic wand and tube are permanent items in my ever growing makeup bag. So when I heard that L’Oreal was making a new mascara that was black and reflected a colour I was immediately hooked. I’m not really a person who is brave enough to wear bold coloured mascara out in the day time and to be honest I fancied a change from my regular black mascara so the luminizer seemed perfect for me. 


 When I went off to Boots I found three mascaras each aimed at different eye colours. The idea is that you choose the mascara aimed at your eye colour and the reflecting particles produce a colour that is flattering to your eyes. The luminizer collection contains blue reflecting mascara suitable for blue eyes, green reflecting mascara for green eyes and purple reflecting mascara suitable for hazel eyes. My eyes are brown and so I chose the one aimed for hazel eyes and it was only when I got home that I began researching.  I found that there was a fourth luminizer mascara for brown eyes that reflected a mahogany brown colour. Why didn't I find this? Well according the lady in Boots, the mascara for brown eyes might get released in the UK at a later date or not at all!! How annoying! Oh well.... 



The mascara claims to separate lashes for a fanned out effect and add a ‘dazzle’ of colour. The tube has an excess wiper that removes excess mascara and the wand is an elastomer applicator that is not only flexible but has bristles that can coat lashes long and short lashes. 


Personally I do like the brush and feel that the excess wiper is effective. However, I still was left with quite a lot of extra mascara at the end of the wand. After a bit of wand dabbing I was ready to apply.




I was able to achieve the fanned out effect with two coats. The formula of the mascara is a bit on the dry side. For me, I would prefer a slightly wetter formula. The mascara didn’t clump and my lashes were separated with added volume.

 As for the colour, I applied three coats in total so I could really get the full colour intensity. I tried different angles in day light to see the effect.  I apologise for the weak lighting, the weather has been overcast for a week now!




I feel you can see the purple colour and it’s not to over powering.

With flash.

I love the effect! The purple really stands out. Obviously, I wouldn’t take a normal photo that close to my eye.

Overall, I think this mascara is a perfect addition to my make up collection and I can see myself using this one a lot! I think the colour is on trend for the autumn season as it is a rich shade of purple. For the office, I would team this mascara with soft brown eye shadow to really bring out the rich tone of the purple and to add a little something extra to my day to day make up. For the night time, I can see myself teaming this mascara with a deep purple and burgundy smoked eye.  I actually really want try the mascaras suitable for blue and green eyes as I am impressed with colour on this one. I think I'm going to experiment with the other colours even though they are not aimed for my eye colour.  

 The only down side to this mascara is that for me, the formula is a bit dry and I also feel that it was unable to hold my curled lashes for as long as my other products have done in the past. I have naturally straight lashes so this was a bit annoying for me but something I can get over for the colour and fanned out volume.  L’Oreal has also introduced three eyeliners that follow the same light reflecting elements as the mascaras’! I know what my next purchase will be!

Thank you for reading!!

Jemflutterby XxX 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little bit tempted by this one since my eyes are brown but have a pretty strong green tint to them. Should make them pop a little!

    In the mirror, can you tell the mascara is purple, or is it a really subtle tint? It looks pretty much black in the closed-eye photos and purple in the side ones, so I just wondered. :)

    Tor
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, the purple colour is more noticeable in sunlight than artificial light so your eyes will pop in the day time. In shaded areas your lashes will pretty much look black. I think its a nice twist on regular mascaras. you said your eyes are brown with a green tint, maybe you could try the green reflecting mascara? Hope this helps! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic advice! I definitely like the sound of this, so I'll see if I can get my hands on the green or hazel one. Thanks, Jem! ♥

    ReplyDelete